The Ministry of Justice has decided to sell the Gaol to a developer.
PLEASE SIGN THIS NEW PETITION : https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-reading-gaol-reconsider-the-bids
PLEASE WRITE TO YOUR MP
Reading Borough Council have submitted a bid for the Gaol with the aim of turning it into a cultural hub. The bid is conditional on getting external public funding. The bids are currently being evaluated. We believe that several bids have been submitted.
Contact your MP
If you want to help press our point that the Gaol should belong to the town of Reading, please email your MP. The local MPs are listed below, if you click on the MP’s name then it will take you to a page with a sample letter that you can cut & paste if you need a starting point.
- Matt Rodda, Reading East firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alok Sharma, Reading West email@example.com
- Theresa May, Maidenhead firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Howell, Henley email@example.com
- Laura Farris, Newbury firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sir John Redwood, Wokingham email@example.com
- other MPs find email address